Call Us Today
THE WHEEL REPAIR SPECIALISTS!!
COME TO THE BEST - BIG ENOUGH TO SERVE YOU - SMALL ENOUGH TO CARE!
FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS
Can all mag wheels be repaired?
In our experience, 95% of wheels can be repaired, if however, we feel a wheel will not be safe
after a repair, we will not repair it.
How long have you been in business?
In Israel for 2 years, and globally for over 25 years. We have shops in South Africa and America,
with our patented wheel repair equipment, lathes and other tools all over the world.
3. Can you also repair steel wheels?
4. Can I have the repair done on the spot, while I wait?
In most cases, yes.
5. How long does a repair take?
The average repair can be done within 20-45 minutes, repairing and welding can usually be done
within 1 and 1/2 hours, and full refurbishing takes 1 day.
6. Will the wheel be safe after repairing?
7. How can you say it is safe? I have been told by my mechanic/friend/brother-in-law/best friend that magnesium wheels cannot be repaired.
With all due respect to your mechanic/friend/brother-in-law/best friend etc. no matter how insistent
they are, they don’t know the reality, and they cannot argue with facts. Aluminium wheels are being
repaired every day by the thousands all over the world. We ourselves have over 25 years of
experience and over 500 000 wheels repaired, and have never had a repair fail.
If we feel the wheel’s integrity will be compromised and will not be safe, we will not repair it.
8. What about welding? Can you repair a wheel if it is cracked? Or if a piece is broken out? What about a broken spoke?
Wheels can be repaired if they are cracked with a specialized TIG – Argon welding machine and the
correct procedures. If a piece of the wheel is broken off, then it depends on how much is missing
and whether we feel it is safe or cost efficient to do the repair. Broken spokes cannot be repaired
safely. We would not even attempt to try.
9. I can buy a Chinese wheel for very cheap. Why would I want to spend money repairing the wheel?
Just remember, you get what you pay for. The vast majority of Chinese wheels are very low quality.
We specialize in OEM wheels. If you currently have a damaged Chinese wheel, and cannot find
a replacement, we will gladly do the repair for you.
10. Why should I repair my wheel, if I can get a used one from a scrap yard?
You may try the scrap yard and get lucky, but we have had many customers who have bought used
wheels from scrap yards and found out after, that they were also damaged. They usually ended up
back by us to get their wheel repaired. Plus, don’t forget that time is money. Calculate how much
time it will save you to get the wheel repaired, compared to trying to find a used wheel, paying for it,
then finding out that the wheel is also damaged, and then having to get the repair done either way.
11. How do I know that my wheel is damaged? I cannot see anything wrong with it?
Sometimes, you can see the damage with the naked eye. Other times, you can only see it on a
balancing machine. Do you feel vibrations when driving? If the front wheel is damaged, you will often
feel a vibration coming from the steering wheel. The vibration can also be caused by a wheel needing
alignment, or a bad tire. We will be able to tell you what the cause is.
12. What causes a wheel to be damaged?
Most wheels are damaged from hitting pot-holes, speed bumps or debris in the road.
Sometimes from hitting the curb and sometimes from car accidents.
13. Can’t I just put the damaged wheel on the back of the car? I can’t feel any vibration or hear any noise, so why do you say that the wheel should be repaired?
Who is a wise man? The one who sees the outgrowth of his actions or other events. The cost to
repair the wheel is much lower than the cost of repairing the damage done to your vehicle.
Damaged wheels cause vibrations that can damage your vehicle's steering, suspension system and
tires. Uncorrected vibrations will not only destroy your tires, it can cause serious damage to both the
steering and suspension systems of your vehicle. There is also a much greater chance of a
catastrophic blow-out of your tire leading to accidents and even fatalities, if you are driving on
14. What size wheels do you repair? Do you also repair wheels for trakteronim and motorbikes?
We repair wheels from 13” to 24”. We do not currently have the machinery or enough demand
to do trakteronim or motorbike wheels, but if we have enough demand, we would bring the
© 2013 by Trust the experts in wheel repairs, that the experts trust!!. All rights reserved.